Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Prayer of Jabez

Jabez was more honorable then his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, "I gave birth to him in pain." Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.

I Chronicles 4:9-10

I read this book, The Prayer of Jabez 5 years ago. Then I prayed the Prayer of Jabez, sincerely when I was 16 with the aim of God using me as a tool in the work of furtherance of His kingdom. It has been 5 years now since I prayed about it. Has God used me for the work of His kingdom? As long as I allowed Him to, He will use me. My answer is, yes. I see God's hands at work in many areas. I've just finished reading the book The Dream Giver yesterday. Both written by the same author, Bruce Wilkinson. No coincident. Again this verse is being mentioned. It caught my attention!

What now? Pray again? It's time for me to leave my comfort zone and take on new chapter in life? Yup, to take on the plan that is set for me before the world begun, entrust my life to Him and then walk with Jesus faithfully.

:)

No comments: