Saturday, February 28, 2009

Courage (50th post)

As you approach the tough decisions that will challenge you, recognize these truths about courage:

1. Courage begins with an inward battle. Courage isn't an absence of fear. It's doing what you are afraid to do.

2. Courage is making things right, not just smoothing them over. Martin Luther King, Jr. said, "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

3. Your life expands in proportion to your courage. Roman historian Tacitus said, "The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise." But courage opens doors, and that's one of its most wonderful benefits.

EQUIP

"Do not fear" appears in the Bible 360 times. Yes, sherene. Do not fear!

As I approach the future, I'm actually excited about it. But there are still fear in me. It will always be there. It serves as an irremovable thorn in me. A reminder for me to remain in God.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

A thoughtful 50th post. ^^

No comments: