Monday, January 12, 2009

When a father talks.....

A fruitful conversation between a father and daughters.

My father was commenting a few issues on leadership.
To be more accurate, a christian leadership.
He gave a lot of real life examples.
Examples that me and sister can really really relate to.
A profound impact.

He mentioned a few phrases.
  • Start with an end in mind.
Eg1: When we want to do something, make sure that there is a result from it. Or else, you achieve nothing!
Eg2: ( my example ) only pahtoh when you intend to get married. LOL
  • Go straight to the point. No means no! Yes means yes! Do not go around the bush! Make it clear and right at the first time for people to understand. If you fail to do so, you will be put to blame.
  • A leader will reach out to touch other people's heart, he is dependable.
  • A leader is committed to what he does.
  • A leader sacrifices.
  • A leader will take the extra miles to achieve his goal.
Something has been playing over and over again in my mind. Am I a good leader when I'm in a leadership position?

Do I have those characteristics? I know I'm not perfect. I cannot. However God will make it possible. He'll open the way!

Another thing he mentioned.
  • God gives you brain! Use it for His glory! So use your brain! Or else how do you answer when you come to the judgment seat of Christ?
Eg: "Lord, I forgot to use my brain."
"You forgot? What if I forget my Father's will for me to die on the cross? For if I forget, you are nothing right now."

O.o

Some fishy thing got stuck in my mind since mid of last year.
"Should I? Shouldn't I? I don't know!"
Can't reveal anything on it yet.

God, teach me to apply all those qualities.

4 comments:

hwei said...

hm. faster reveal. tsk. (i so agree with the marriage thingy one. haha.)

Sherene said...

reveal?
wait ar...

so u mau kahwin or not?
lol

hwei said...

aku tarak boyfriend pun, cam ner nak kahwin? ahahahahaha. yay love speaking nyonya malay! haha. everyone else here in pj speaks funny malay. =.= and thanks for revealing in the next post. hee. you write so well la. hm hm.

Sherene said...

Lol

I said 'wait ar...' not next post. XD

A sub tittle of a book says like this:
'keep impatience from robbing you the gift of singleness'
O.o

Pj folks speak malay??? OIC!!!
Funny malay some more???
Big discovery leh!!!
HAHA!!!

An English pro say i write well.
^^v
Flatttttttered!
Flying without wings!!!
Fly fly fly~~~