Thursday, January 14, 2010

The long waited air suam

Location: Wan Yit Restaurant
( Don't get fooled, it is a hawker center. )
Time: 8 pm

Dad is away for business trip in China. So we are on our own for dinner. One more thing is that my ex-roommate and her friend shifted here. I'm so glad that we are now close in distant, just like the days in inti. I don't have to be a lone ranger anymore. Hooray! We had dinner together with my sister. All girls. :)

We found a suitable spot to dine after looking around. I offered to sit and waited for them at the table while they went to get their food. Then,

Waiter 1: ( look at me without uttering a word )
Me: Air suam

My sister came back from ordering her food after like 2 mins. Then I went to get mine. It took me around 2 mins because I checked on the rest of the 2 girls, as it was their first time here. We walked back to our seat then.

Waiter 2: Minum apa?
Ex-roommate: sheet cha
Rong Bin: yee mai panas

Around 2 mins or so, my sister's food came. Drinks ordered from waiter 2 follow suit. At this point of time, I assume waiter 1 has forgotten my order - air suam. So I ordered another one from waiter 2 and told him that I've ordered one before this and it has not come yet. 3 mins passed. All of our food came. Next, finally, came my air suam which I ordered from waiter 2. I like waiter 2, he is so efficient!

When I was about to take a second bite of my food, waiter 1 came with my air suam which i first ordered. O.o

Me: Boleh ambik balik ar? saya oder satu lagi sebab saya ingat kamu luper.
Waiter 1: takda luper, banyak orang kena tunggu la, ambik.
Me: ambik balik la. orang lain mesti oder air suam. jangan bazir.
Waiter 1: ambikla....
Me: lama sangat la, saya ingat kamu luper, saya oder lagi.
Waiter 1: banyak orang la....
Me: awak ambik balik la. kalau kamu tak nak ambik balik, saya tolong kamu ambik balik kasi boss.
Waiter 1: ( murmured some foreign language ) ambik balik la ( continue scolding me I believe with foreign language while cleaning the table beside )

Is it alright for me to say the last line?
7 mins for a glass of air suam?

No comments: