Monday, June 15, 2009

A Durian Life

I opened a durian yesterday! My first ever experience and I feel so proud of myself actually! :) It is not easy to open a durian if you are un-skilled and inexperience like me. Nevertheless, many first times will inevitably come in life, right? And when it comes, seize it! Life is short, savor every moment.

Such a simple event in life can relate to my journey with God. Read on...

After dinner, I saw my mom opened a durian without much sweats. So, I decided to give it a try. When I asked her where to start cutting, she answered by saying she have no idea and just follow the line. Line? Yea, you can find some lines, it is quite symmetrical. My mom doesn't know the proper way to do it but she did it anyway. *claps! It's my turn now! Jeng, jeng, jeng! So, me too followed my mom advise by cutting along the line. I cut it but there was not enough space for me to put my fingers in to open the durian. I ended up cutting and chopping the durian into a circle. Mom came over to help me to open the durian but to no avail! Stubborn durian!!! And now you know what? The unleashing of durian slaughterer--> me! I started to chop like crazy! Chop and chop and chop and finally it broke into half. Then, mom said: " Not ripe la, no wonder so hard to open." I went =.=lll I spent 15 minutes on this durian with my sweat gland got activated!!! Sweat as in literally sweat. And all I get is nothing!!! Yes, sometime life is so unfair! Grrr...

I never gave up! Nope, not that easy! I decided to try another one. Before that, I must say that my palm and fingers got cut by those thorny thorns due to the complications explained above. So what? Wipe away the blood and bring another durian here! I must open a durian by hook or by crook! Hmph! Again, find the line, cut and open it. Yea, it succeeded. Bring out the flesh. Then press down all the way to get the rest of the flesh. Everything is completed in less then 5 minutes times. Hahaha!

I felt the satisfaction, though my hands hurt. Soon the hurt fade away because the fragrance, richness and tastiness of durian is felt in my mouth. Indulgence!

What do you do when bad events come knocking at your door? Like opening the durian which is not ripe yet. I choose to move on. I hope that is your choice too.

What do you do when you feel the discomfort after you have decided to move on? Like the hurt I felt from the cut on my fingers and palm. I choose to endure. Sail through it with much faith and hope.

There is always sunshine after the rain as many has said so.

God never fails.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
1 Peter 5:10 NIV

It has been A DURIAN LIFE. :)

No comments: