Tuesday, March 11, 2008

M & M

What came to your mind when you see M&M?
Chocolate?
But I am not talking about chocolate right now.
It's Milk & Meat.
Haha!

Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk [is] unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Hebrews 5:11-14


No need to explain the verses right? I believe everyone can understand.

In the past Inti Christian fellowship Camp, a friend of mine who brought a non-c friend to the camp asked her a few things. She couldn't answer, so she looked for me for the answer. And, I couldn't answer as well. It wasn't a too difficult question. But I could not answer! Argh! I have to look for other people to get the answer. And it was not only one question, quite a number of questions! Spread out in two days!

I ... ...
should be teaching, (err I prefer to use the word explaining) instead of being taught about the elementary truth of the Word over again and again.
I ... ...
should be feeding on meat, not milk. For those who feed on milk is still an infant, not acquainted with the Word.
I ... ...
should be constantly trained myself to eat meat, in order to be mature and to distinguish good from evil.

But I never ... ...

The changes I must make?
  • Read through notes from sermons and camps.
  • Read more Christian books.
  • Read more Christian articles.
  • Have more Christian conversation.

Milk and meat are in the same level in food pyramid but each of them functions differently.



milk = infant
meat = mature


Can I say this as a conclusion?